[pianotech] Initial pinblock torque, was Pinblock expensive experiment

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Apr 8 15:22:25 MDT 2010

jimialeggio wrote:

>> Incidentally, here's some data you ought to have. Unfortunately, this
>> was started before my hybrid block was conceived, but it's generally
>> quite informative.
>> Ron N
> Holy Shnikey...was this in the ever in the journals somewhere...excellent!
>
> Jim I

No, but it ought to be. Mike McCoy started this as a chapter
project/technical in the summer of 1996, and posted the first
two measurements to the list. I built the spreadsheet for it,
and added charts last time. Every time Mike has done an
update, the project has been posted to the list. Actually,
it's coming up on time for another measurement before long. I
find it interesting that every block seems to have it's own
comfortable settled torque range, however tight they start,
and however small the drilled hole, they won't get much tighter.

Ron N