[pianotech] Value of Client List

Michael Hagen mchagen88 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 07:30:22 MDT 2010

The client list is not being sold to an outside party. Soon to be 'X' contacted a well known RPT, and was given a 'formula' as to setting a value, $50K, which is very unrealistic IMHO. This is why I used average income over several years. To further complicate this, half of the clients I brought into the marriage. With the subsequent opening of a retail piano sales store together, and due to advertising and high profile over 10 years, the list doubled. Besides the average income produced idea, I aim to contend that 1/2 of clients were my previous, before marriage property. And that I 'own' 1/2 of all the new clients, she the other half, or one quarter of the total. Hope this sheds some more light to the situation.

Michael