[pianotech] Pully keys

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 12:51:21 MDT 2010

At 10:57 -0700 19/4/10, David Ilvedson wrote:

>Cradles are key buttons?   You had to steam them off to clean inside
>the key?   I doubt the lubricants came from Steinway.   I usually
>use a bit of thinned water/glue...which won't work in your case...

No, your "key buttons" are our chases.  My cradle is your repetition
lever or whatever the latest nomenclature is.

The black soap was in the spring groove and had gone hard.  Besides
that the curl on the end of the repetition spring has far too small a
radius and wears a dent in the hornbeam.  I have cleaned out the
muck, burnished the groove and tripled the radius of the spring end.

JD