[pianotech] D Hammers

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Apr 20 15:21:40 MDT 2010

This is not atypical with NY Steinways and varying the hanging distance from
130mm is the most common and the simplest solution.  Sometimes it's
necessary even within the same section (especially the first capo section)
in order to get the hammers to strike the strings at the correct strike
point (the curved strikeline as has been mentioned periodically).  I guess
the question is whether it's been done by design or execution.  I think it's
probably the later.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com