[pianotech] water damage

Pam Bero itune4you at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 16:37:56 MDT 2010

Hello list:

I'm going to do an inspection on a 1 year old Yamaha GB1 tomorrow.  The
owners had a leak in their roof right above the piano.  The insurance
company needs a condition report/evaluation.  They aren't sure if they're
going to cover it.  The owner told me that the water inside was 'minimal'
and that they wiped it up right away....  I'm not sure what I'm going to
find, but was looking for some advice on what to look for immediately, and
comments on what may happen in the future.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Pam  Bero
Associate Member
Wisconsin