[pianotech] Info on Kirchman Piano

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 28 00:34:56 MDT 2010

A (new) customer called me today saying she had just acquired a very old
Kirchman parlor grand piano. Her own research yielded a model number of S -
R1, (cast in the plate), and a serial number of 14008, (stamped in the
wood). But that's where it ends. And it is not listed in Pierce. She says
she was told by the previous owner that Kirchman was manufactured, in
Boston, for a very short time in the early 1900's by two former employees of
Steinway. Has anyone here ever heard of it? Can anyone shed any light?

Much appreciated

As far as I can ascertain, it's an English pianer!
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I