[pianotech] Vesey Player info

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Thu Dec 2 00:25:24 MST 2010

What?!?!?!?  Rex the Wonder Dog is dead?!?!?  When did that happen?  :-(

Thanks for the honest feedback Ron.  I really believe that the right choice is to move on, but I'm a sentimental guy, too (Maybe that's why I only have 1 car in a 3 car garage...  hmmm).

I'll try and go with an open mind but I fear the worst. She inherited the piano in 1997 and hasn't tuned it since she got it (who knows how long it was before that!). She was playing the other day and broke a couple of bass strings (near the hitch pin) and figured it was time to have it tuned, etc. Plus she says it sounds like an old barroom piano... the piano has a lot of history and it was her favorite grandmother's piano, etc. and she talked about restoring it some day but she has a budget, etc.

I know the one thing the piano probably needs is a fork lift and a large dumpster, but I told her I'd take a look at it and let her know.  It's not a big problem for me since she just lives around the corner, I could practically walk there. I'm not doing anything other than evaluating it.

So either they are understanding of the situation or I have to buy a whole bunch more CA.

Thanks again,

Rob McCall