[pianotech] Familiarity - hinge pins

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sat Dec 4 12:43:23 MST 2010

I lifted one once (and only once) to see the lid slide down the side and
make a huge scratch. Nasty repair. fortunately, the piano was fairly ugly
and the repair was similar, and the owner was just fine with it.  How I
would hate to do that on a nice piano with a perfect finish.  Be sure to
check before lifting.

Paul