[pianotech] Familiarity - hinge pins

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Sun Dec 5 07:14:36 MST 2010

Surprisingly, Terry, I initially discovered no damage other than a temporary ego bruise. Maybe on the next visit something will show its face that I most likely overlooked.

One thing I failed to mention that even makes this event more amazing. I actually did an entire tuning (three scale, two manual) with the lid raised and propped. I even lowered the lid, closed the harpsichord and was ready to leave. Then, for some reason which escapes me now, I decided to reopen the instrument to check something.

That's when the lid went careening. It was like a slow motion keystone cop experience.

Best,

Keith McGavern, RPT