[pianotech] Inverted soundboard

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Dec 6 20:26:08 MST 2010

Loose ribs and delaminating plywood are all signs of a piano in a very dry climate, not a humid one.

I've never heard of a soundboard inverting, and certainly not because of a very damp environment. It would seem that the soundboard would swell the opposite way, not collapse and invert.

Once a soundboard has gone bad, there is nothing you can do to correct it.

Bad glue joints seem to be an overall problem with Baldwin pianos. Here in Hawaii we have lot of hammers that are coming off moldings.

Wim