[pianotech] Hammer softener

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Tue Dec 7 00:41:51 MST 2010

<grin> I also got a dandy burn off the smoothing iron, which I was using
for smoothing, not steaming. Dandy burn, as my left hand "helpfully"
tried to guide the iron to the right place.

Nuisance is comparative. I was thinking of the old system, using a steam
kettle. But even using the smoothing iron with the damp cloth is a lot
more fuss than using a few drops of alcohol from a small plastic bottle,
which lives in a ziploc bag in my kit. No cord, no outlet, no waiting
for the iron to heat, no waiting for the iron to cool down enough to put
away, etc.

Susan