[pianotech] piano shop trolleys and the case of the evaporating floor space

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Dec 9 07:57:47 MST 2010

 Jim
  We have one transporter, and of course its the cats meow. However we are about to make another from a stage dollie.  It was free with a piano that came thru the shop and fits several size pianos.
 Step 1 Remove the casters and mount them opposite there current position the other. Do all 3 arms. SO now stage dollie still roll but looks funny as the arms which usually curve down now curve up. Capische?
  Step 2. Measure and cut a  3 by 3 piece of steel stock and weld the bottle jack to that. Determine what length that assembly should be and Weld that to the the upside down caster carrier locations and viola.....The shop built trolley.   These can fit many sizes of pianos and can be folded up and put outside when not needed.

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom restoration
Ronsen Piano hammers