[pianotech] Item found inside pianos

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Fri Dec 17 05:14:53 MST 2010

I found exactly the same thing under the keyboard of an ancient ("antique")
old upright pneumatic player which had been generously donated to a
retirement home. Here's the good part. They wanted to continue to use the
player unit, but there was no way I would have been able to remove the keys
to remove the dog food without breaking some of the brittle rubber hoses
that still ran the player, so the dog food etc. is still there. I haven't
had the pleasure of seeing the piano since. (I did refer them to a local
player rebuilder tech who gave them a quote which they declined.) (Note
position of tongue vis-à-vis cheek throughout most of this post)

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Daniel Carlton <
danielcarltondesign at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> Under the keys were mounds and mounds of dog food, pillow stuffing and
> scraps of fabric.

</snip>