[pianotech] How does fog freeze?

Terry Beckingham t46xd8jb at xplornet.com
Fri Dec 24 23:35:48 MST 2010

Actually fog that results in  hoar frost is not frozen until it lands on or
condenses on objects like the trees shown by David. There is, however, ice
fog, that is composed of very minute particles that are already frozen. Ice
fog does  no create hoar frost. It occurs at considerably colder
temperatures. It is fairly common up here in the wilds of Northern
Manitoba. (I was a meteorological tech in a former life).

Happy holidays to all.

Terry Beckingham RPT