[pianotech] middle pedal

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Mon Dec 27 23:43:22 MST 2010

Father Aldo and I were strolling down the sidewalk together returning to the church when he asked me, “What DOES the middle pedal do anyway?” and to that I readily replied, “It keeps the other two pedals from arguing with each other.”.  I had a serious look on my face for as long as I could keep it there and then said my usual schpeil about middle pedals, all of which you cats have covered nicely.  He used my remark in the next Sunday’s service somehow.  I’m not a church goer, and THAT church is 100 miles away.  My phone lit up on Monday.  I hadn’t heard from some of those people for such a long time and it was good to get reacquainted.  So the middle pedal promotes social behavior.  What’s there to fix??  Sheesh!!

Lar