[pianotech] was middle pedal, now missing treble dampers

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Tue Dec 28 00:40:48 MST 2010

On 12/27/10 8:56 PM, Tom Gorley wrote:
> I did it again(answered the wrong thread).  My statement refers to no
> dampers in the high treble.       ---Tom Gorley

Tom,

You were in the right thread, but the subject has wandered a bit from
the original.

you wrote:
I think it is more noticeable because the customer wants to hear how the
tuning is different.  In the close scrutiny, the damper situation is
noticed for the first time.

This statement gives the customer the benefit of the doubt and may be
true in many cases, but it's hard not to react when the call starts out
with, "Since you tuned it..." Maybe the implication (or my inference) is
partly in the tone of voice, too.

Tom Cole