[pianotech] $450, 000 Salaries For Stagehands. No, really. $450, 000 Salaries For Stagehands

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 06:44:46 MST 2010

Good for them!  IATSE is a good union and I work with some of its members.
 Too bad we don't have some of that bargaining power.

I bet that those stagehands named in the article (which, by the way, I find
unethical - it's basically targeting them and inviting harassment) work a
huge amount of overtime, evenings and nights, holidays, weekends, long long
days, etc., and thus don't get to see their families at those times.  I
would also wager that they have a huge amount of experience and are very
good at their jobs.