[pianotech] Sound after tuning, was many other subjects

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Tue Dec 28 07:11:19 MST 2010

I had a situation where some "new" ministers of music at a church that I was tuning on an annual basis arrived at the church. They had a personal piano, a spinet, that had been in storage for a number of years - a spinet with the rubber grommets on the stickers. Of course, they were at the church when I was at their house tuning the piano. When I played it before I started tuning, it was so badly out of tune, you didn't hear that the rubber grommets were so hard they would "click" when you played notes.  You guessed it!!  I got a call afterwards - I messed up their piano and they were not going to pay the bill!  After much explanation, I did get paid.  I found out later, they were not at that church very long, for doing some similar things at the church.

Ken Gerler