[pianotech] current retail price for Baldwin L

Paul Mulik tubist at swbell.net
Tue Dec 28 10:13:03 MST 2010

Hello friends,

Got a call from a school teacher to come look at a piano that was donated to the
school.  They needed to get an idea of its value for tax and insurance purposes.

I was expecting it to be some cheap old junker, but I was presently surprised to
find it was a very nice Baldwin L (6'3") grand in nearly-new condition.  Serial
number dates it to 1994.  I would estimate it is worth 1/2 the price of a brand
new one, but does anybody know what a brand new one would cost today?  Sadly, we
no longer have a Baldwin dealer (nor any other piano dealers) in town.

Thanks,
Paul Mulik
Joplin, MO