[pianotech] year so far

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 11:36:45 MST 2010

Jim

I'm very happy for you. Unfortunately, my income is 25% less than last year. If fact, I did even less this year than my second year here. I am feeling very good about next year, however. As you know, Hawaii's economy is driven by tourism. While 2009 and most of 2010 were down, the last couple of months has shown a dramatic increase in the number of people coming to the islands, not just from the USA, but more importantly, from Japan, Korea, and China.

Let's just hope and pray that this trend will continue, even as airline fares are going up more and more. Back in September I was already looking at the price of flights to the mainland for the convention. In September the price for a round trip ticket to Denver was around $550. Today, that same flight is around $850.  And there are predictions that the price wll go even higher.

Happy New Year, everyone.

Wim