[pianotech] was hearing - earplugs while tuning

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Jan 2 06:06:22 MST 2010

I do not like having plugs stuck in my ear and have found the SensGard
is a good alternative. http://www.sensgard.com/Home

You can get them for $20 on Amazon.

You can hear the tone without the impact on the ear of the attack.
Especially useful on pitch raises. For many pianos you can do a better
tuning because all the garbage is filtered.

I modified mine to reduce the pressure on my ear by cutting down the
foam cushion and the part to which it attaches. I also sanded back a
portion of the headband at each ear piece to relieve the spring tension.
--

Regards,

Jon Page