[pianotech] Key wood prep....was....Applying PVC-E

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Jan 1 21:45:38 MST 2010

I use an end milling, plunge router bit in my drill press. I
fashioned a surface
which clamps to the table. There is a fence for the front of the key to butt up
against to index the back of the cut.  In the photo, the plastic
guard is raised
for a better view.

Shims near the bottom of the drill press vise for leveling the key
are seen above the plastic spacer. Setup to get things square can take
as long as milling the set (45 minutes).
--

Regards,

Jon Page