[pianotech] Action Ratios

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Jan 5 15:48:08 MST 2010

Has to do with where the energy comes from and goes just to be sure you're
being consistent with the ratio orientation.  Key in is the distance from
key front to balance rail, key out is balance rail to capstan contact;
wippen in is capstan to wippen center, out is wippen center to knuckle
contact point (balancier); shank in is flange center to knuckle contact and
out is knuckle to tip of hammer or shank hammer center line (I see it done
both ways and I'm not really sure why one over the other).

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com