[pianotech] Bluthner "Patented Action"

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 5 16:42:23 MST 2010

Ann said: "Hi Joe,

Don't you just love the internet:

http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/files/patent00.jpg "

Ann,
I'd have to say it's a love/hate relationship!<G>
As for the action, I consider that particular one, rather "clunky" and a bear to maintain. I'd definately convert any piano with that thing!<G> Of course that would be subject to how Historically Valueable the darned thing was. I'd prefer to give a client a piano that can be played rather than one that only looks good. i.e. much like the difference between a muscle car and a california hotrod- - - all show and no go.<G>
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police