[pianotech] Ethics of prop sticks.

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Fri Jan 8 20:57:41 MST 2010

David,
 You are kidding right? Rebuilt by Steinway 30 years ago may mean teflon
centers. If so I don't think teflon was around in the 19th century.
I just don't get this "Authentic" stuff. I had a piano teacher client some
years ago with a "rebuilt" A1 with a dead original board which according to
her made it more authentic and more valuable.. These people see the antique
road show and hear that if you replace anything the value is ruined and
apply that valid rule for antique furniture eroniousley to their piano.
Put the stick on ---who really cares?Are the Steinway police going to press
charges?
Just my take .

Tom -Sounding a bit grouchy tonight--Driscoll