[pianotech] Ethics of prop sticks.

Byeway222 at aol.com Byeway222 at aol.com
Sat Jan 9 07:14:18 MST 2010

Whilst on the subject of prop sticks, how often have you seen a pre-recital
 Steinway with the long prop in the outer cup instead of the  inner?   In
my experience this is invariably to do with the performers  after rehearsal
rather than stage staff.  Whilst I don't think that  there is a real danger
in this, it always looks so wrong and scary to  me.  If the venue is not one
in my responsibility I feel reluctant to do  anything about it but sit
throughout the concert feeling uneasy and slightly  annoyed that no one else has
noticed it.

ric