[pianotech] Dampp chasers & grand pianos.

dbpowell1 at juno.com dbpowell1 at juno.com
Thu Jan 14 13:29:10 MST 2010

The church where I was tuning has a Broadman grand purchased in 2008. It doesn't hold a tuning for very long. It sits in a large sanctuary and the temp is not that consistant. The music director ask me about installing some dampp chasers to see if that would help. I told him that the strings still might be stretching but wasn't sure. I told him that dampp chasers work good in a verticle piano because there enclosed. He wanted to know if it would be worth putting them in a grand. I told him that I was on piano tech email and that I could get some intake on this matter from guys that had a Lot of experience on this subject and would get back to him.
Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks Dick