[pianotech] Dampp chasers & grand pianos.

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Jan 14 13:56:19 MST 2010

It will still be worth it to install the DC.  If the temperature fluctuates
wildly the piano will still drift around because of that but it tends to be
more of a short term reactive change.  The DC will still help stabilize the
moisture content issues.  Try and have the room brought to the temperature
that it is when in use before you tune.  See the discussion last month (or
earlier this one, not sure) about tuning stability temperature versus
humidity.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com