[pianotech] Dampp chasers & grand pianos.

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Thu Jan 14 15:20:03 MST 2010

Dick

Absolutely!  Dampp Chasers will make a world of difference compared to a
piano (grand or upright) without a system.  Absolutely.  Add a bottom cover
and it's all the better.  Add a top cover - even better.  Add a floor length
cover for the whole piano - even better.  Each additional step complements
the system, but the system alone will make a tremendous difference in my
experience.  I consider them a must for any institution that hopes to have
any level of stability in their pianos.

True, that with a new piano, the strings may still be bending around their
bearing points, and when that settles down, stability will increase even
more, but that is a completely different issue.

William R. Monroe