[pianotech] Dampp chasers & grand pianos.

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Thu Jan 14 20:01:36 MST 2010

Hi,

I will not install a system in a grand piano without the bottom cover. I'm
considering insisting on string covers as well.

At 08:29 PM 1/14/2010 GMT, you wrote:
>The church where I was tuning has a Broadman grand purchased in 2008. It
doesn't hold a tuning for very long. It sits in a large sanctuary and the
temp is not that consistant. The music director ask me about installing
some dampp chasers to see if that would help. I told him that the strings
still might be stretching but wasn't sure. I told him that dampp chasers
work good in a verticle piano because there enclosed. He wanted to know if
it would be worth putting them in a grand. I told him that I was on piano
tech email and that I could get some intake on this matter from guys that
had a Lot of experience on this subject and would get back to him.