[pianotech] age-old question of what to charge for almost nothing

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Fri Jan 15 11:34:59 MST 2010

Since it's not one of your regular clients, first suggest she calls her regular tuner. If for some reason that doesn't work, if you have to make a special trip,charge her a very small fee, as low as $10 - $25,  Or, tell her you'll stop by as soon as you can between clients when you're in the neighborhood, and not charge anything. Unless that teachers blabs to everyone you work for free, I don't think anyone will think you're "cheap", or expects you to work for free.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
94-505 Kealakaa Str.
Mililani, Oahu, HI  96789