[pianotech] Nossaman guide to snappy retorts

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Jan 15 14:56:48 MST 2010

 A Most beauteous retort!!  Made my Day!
  Are you sure you didn't miss another calling...how bout the Nossaman guide to "Snappy retorts for any occasion handbook" or "Snappy retorts A to Z"  or "Snappy retorts for  life and sports" Or..........Oh,oh Wait... the Nossaman guide for balanced living...ok I'm done
  Thanks
  Dale
.

David Ilvedson wrote:
> For your fee, show her how to remove the fallboard...
> > "Remove a pencil and you have removed it for a day. Teach
> how to remove the pencil and she can remove pencils for a
> lifetime"

This is what I do, explaining that I expect to see a trophy wall of removed artifacts one day. If someone calls me out of the blue wanting a pencillectomy, they get charged a service call, pre-warned in the initial phone conversation. I don't know them, we have no history, and I'm not looking to adopt. If they want a tuning too, the pencillectomy goes down to a couple of bucks, or a freebie if it just takes a minute. Regular loyal customers, I'll figure out a way to stop by and do it for little or nothing - depending. Habitual repeat offenders, regular, loyal, or otherwise, get charged a service call to focus their attention.

Like with everything else, you have to split the difference between throwing yourself on the sword, or running someone else through. Throwing yourself on the sword is sometimes the thing to do, but remember that there are an infinite number of swords out there waiting.
Ron N