[pianotech] age-old question of what to charge for almost nothing

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Jan 15 19:32:44 MST 2010

Seriously though (and then I think I've exhausted this topic for me), there
is a difference between charging different rates for the same work and a
freebie pencil retrieval.  We were talking about the later.  If you have
varying rates for the same work performed then you might well get into
trouble.  Even so there is always a reasonable explanation such as the
length of your relationship, frequency of service, money they've paid you
over the years, extensive work you've done on the piano...  But your example
should be a word of caution to random billing practices.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com