[pianotech] "Hotbox" for keeping soundboards dry

joel a. jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Fri Jan 15 19:13:20 MST 2010

Not making light of your question, but I wondered, as I tuned a piano
in a classroom today
with humidity at 2% and 74 degrees, if the answer isn't right in front
of us everyday. Just
find a dry classroom and store the soundboard over break.

Sorry, I have no plans to offer.     My particular nomination for the
hot box resides on a beautiful
lake with windows on three sides.  In the beautiful Wisconsin Summer
most of these windows are open when not
raining.  Talk about pop quizzes...

Behold the need for a well designed 'hot box'.  I wish you success and
serious design plans from our experienced
rebuilders on this list.

Joel
Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI