[pianotech] age-old question of what to charge for almost nothing and running a business as a business

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 16 12:27:46 MST 2010

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your input.  I have given many local PTG classes on just that
very thing, owning and operating a business.  I have also brought in CPA's
for different meetings.  I've brought various business owners for their
advice as well.

It impacts me because I follow my own advice and the adivce of others that I
have spoken with or classes that I have attended (not just PTG related)
pertaining to operating a business along with reading a lot on the topic
online at various websites. It's no skin off my nose but, if what I say can
help someone else to better establish their business practices then that's a
good thing, no?

I put it here, because I know there are many new techs and others here that
can learn, including myself.  I'm not as stubborn as I appear, believe it or
not...  :)

As I mentioned in another email, here is a topic that I started about 2
years ago by request.  I had a lot of good input from others in there too.

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/647259/Re:%20Owning

Jer