[pianotech] Return visit

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Sun Jan 17 14:15:29 MST 2010

Almost every customer of mine has asked how often their piano should be
tuned. I take that opportunity (or make my own if they don't give it to me)
to discuss the effects of humidity on the piano tuning. They all "know"
about moving the piano, they "know" about putting it on the outside wall,
etc., but not a one seems to know about humidity.

I also tell them that when I was first interested in learning the trade, I
had my piano tuned... January'ish (in Minnesota.) Tech strongly suggested I
get a room humidifier, so I did. My piano was very noticeably sharp within
days.

Tell 'em early, tell 'em often.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN