[pianotech] Tuner's marks/cards

Mike Kurta mkurta1 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 18 06:35:15 MST 2010

    When I worked in Syracuse, NY for 8 years, I found very few marks inside pianos, and I was thought strange by other techs for thinking otherwise.  Their comment was, "We consider it defacing the piano."  In a vertical, I would put the date and my initials on a hidden part of a key, and in a grand, leave my card - which I'm sure was replaced by the next technician.  Actually I left 3 cards, one in the piano, one in the bench and one to the customer.
    Mike Kurta, RPT
    Chicago chapter