[pianotech] Tuner's marks/cards

Mike Kurta mkurta1 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 18 07:14:50 MST 2010

    Jer, you'll like this:  I tuned a very old upright in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan years ago, the owner said that it was once owned by Henry Ford's attorney.  Anyway, the first tuning indicated initials and the date 1886 on the far left side of the pinblock (open face).  >From then on, all the way across the block, over the years, every tuner had done the same.  It was like a history book showing WWI, the depression, WWII, etc. etc.,  I was honored to put my mark at the end.
    Mike Kurta