[pianotech] Tuner's marks/cards

Anna-Luise Messerschmidt annamesserschmidt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 18:21:24 MST 2010

okay, maybe I should have been more precise :) I looked at your link and no,
this is not what I mean. I mean those pockets:
//http://www2.abcstuff.com/cgi/Web_store/web_store.cgi/item=BP001
and yes, they are made out of paper (manila - like file folders) and they do
rip in school service, but inside a piano, with an adult handling them,
placing a note card into them - I think they can last a piano's lifetime.
But feel free to use your CD-pockets - same effect (maybe just a bit more
tricky to retrieve the card from them ....)
if you want you can also use the library cards that originally go with
those, but any index card will do just fine.
http://www2.abcstuff.com/cgi/Web_store/web_store.cgi/item=BC004
if you have plenty of time or are bored, you can also create your custom
card that has exactly the info you want to note on the card. For the lazier
(or busier) people I thought you could use the database software you anyway
have and print a top-label with the piano's make, model, serial no. and year
that you can attach to the card at your next visit.

And since I'm at it with ideas: I've noticed that many pianos don't have a
keycover (felt) which might not be a necessity but would give a nice
give-away for the technician. Felt is cheap to get at any fabric store
(Jo-Ann's Fabric or even cheaper at Walmart) and with a t-shirt transfer
foil you could even put your name and phone number on the fabric, giving the
client a visual reminder of your service everytime they fallboard is lifted