[pianotech] Tuner's marks/cards

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 19 14:35:05 MST 2010

I don't agree at all with signing the plate on any grand.  Not in plain
sight!  I'm with you there.  Especially with a large black magic marker or
RED. Something so obvious and ugly like I have seen many people use over the
years.  I hate the magnetic thingy too.

Okay, now here is something I have not been telling you.  I ask first
.  I
wanted to see what everyone had to say before I mentioned that part of it

Aren't I a stinker?  I place a service sticker with the PTG logo, my name
and my phone number underneath the music rack on grand's.

On verticals, I place my service sticker on the pin block.  Easy access.
Again, asking prior to doing so, orrrrr, I write in small letters on the
keys themselves.  I don't necessarily ask permission for the key one

Interesting to see the different feedback on it though.

I can't count the number of times a customer called me because they looked
at their own service record only to realize it had been twice as long as
they had thought.  Then, they thanked me for having placed it there for them
for see.  Try it, you might like it!  :)

Jer