[pianotech] Tuner's marks/cards

Brian Trout brian_trout at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 06:23:09 MST 2010

> From: dianepianotuner at msn.com
> To: pianotech at ptg.org
> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 01:13:18 -0800
> Subject: [pianotech] Tuner's marks/cards

...snip...

> The best thing I ever saw written inside a piano—with a giant Sharpie—were the words, scrawled all over the keybed; “I love you! I love you! I love you!” Some kind of interesting story behind that one!?!
>
> Diane Hofstetter

I would love to hear the story behind that one!!!  Could it be someone (a tech maybe?) that gave the piano to his sweetheart?  A lonely shop guy hoping a lady tuner out there would search him out and they'd live happily ever after?

If pianos could talk, what stories they'd tell...  Probably lots of boring ones, but occasionally, some really juicy stuff.  :-)

Brian