[pianotech] Yammy GH1

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 20 18:17:47 MST 2010

The GB1 is different than the Cable Nelson, though both are apparently built in Indonesia. I haven't compared the features of them, but I know the Cable Nelson has a laminated board and the GB1 does not. I've only had the opportunity to tune one Cable Nelson grand--I wanted to try voicing it, but the dealer wasn't willing. It would have been interesting to see how it responded. It seemed to be reasonable quality, but the tone was constricted (like the shoulders needed a lot of work)--unlike the GB1s I worked on. I have been pleased with the quality of the GB1s. They settle in nicely--in good homes in Central Illinois, anyway. The only thing I have had to deal with is key easing now and then.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois