[pianotech] Renotching-Repinning-Reusing Bridges in rebuild

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jan 21 05:54:37 MST 2010

David Ilvedson wrote:
> Track record of the bridges with filed bridge pins and
> those not filed...is that OK?

What track record, is what I wondered. Tuning stability, false
beats, cap splitting, ??? And how to eliminate variables other
than filing the pins. It's a little like saying black pianos
sound better. Actually, I've heard someone say that.

> You seem really defensive
> these days...

Not defensive, but I am trying to assign rational connections
to piano work and research where I can.

>maybe it is because we are just not on your
> level?

We all live in the same physical world, man, and physics
doesn't work any differently for one of us than for the other.
Ron N