[pianotech] pressure bar height

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Thu Jan 21 12:03:42 MST 2010

The archives might have something on this, I remember reading that the down bearing should be lessened, by redressing the bar.
It might have been a suggestion by Del Fandrich, but not sure.
The Steinway uprights, that I have ran across, have been hard to tune in the area with the pressure bar, due to rendering problems.
No one yet, has wanted to pay me, to have this done, so don't know first hand.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.