[pianotech] everett uprights

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Fri Jan 22 06:27:17 MST 2010

Tom,
Good suggestion, but if I misplace  the hex tool I use the "Handy Hammer" which has essentially a built in handle. . The only trouble is that the bolt is much harder than the shaft of the tool  and loses the fight after time.
I had an embarrassing situation at a school back in the early 80's when I explained to the music teacher why I couldn't get into the piano.
 She said "The last piano tuner didn't have that problem "
A janitor bailed me out ,but I was sure to get the hex key for  my kit.
 The combo tool idea is a good example of what I  advocate to some of our friends that are new to the trade. Now this isn't  a groundbreaking solution to a complex  problem but the attitude that finds the solution here  lends itself time and time again to more difficult and certainly more interesting challenges.

Tom --Off the soapbox-- Driscoll