[pianotech] everett uprights

Conrad Hoffsommer choffsommer at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:01:43 MST 2010

Those beasties are definitely a learning experience.  The first one of them I ran across was in a school, on a Saturday, when I was given the key to the emergency door at the top of a long fire escape. (No automatic alarms on opening them back then).

Fortunately, I had a blade screwdriver which just fit, and the screw wasn't torqued to 500 ft lbs.  I bought the right sized Allen wrench on the way home and it's been in my kit ever since.  Some people say that if you don't use a tool for a year, you shouldn't carry it around. I don't care - that one's staying!

Conrad Hoffsommer