[pianotech] everett uprights

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Jan 22 14:42:11 MST 2010

On a service call to a school long ago, I find an Everett with
the lid suspended by the bent brackets, front pins ripped and
splintered out, bobbing up and down like the head of one of
those demented dashboard ornaments. Someone had opened it from
the front by lunging up on the lid until it raised. I thought
the effect was kind of cute, but the administration had other
ideas and wanted it fixed. I suggested minimizing the chances
of a repeat offense by just installing hinges and getting it
over with. So that's what we did. End of drama from that
particular source, and on to the next lurking adventure.
Ron N