[pianotech] key bushing problem

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 26 23:29:56 MST 2010

Bill has them.   They are double sided cauls just shaping the mortice with nice clean sides and soaked in hot hide glue which the next hot hide glue with cloth will really grab onto.   I have all one sided cauls, but am going to upgrade to double side final cauls.   I don't trim the bushing cloth on the balance rail and leave the cloth glued on to the top of the key button, ala Kawai.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044