[pianotech] key bushing problem

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 26 23:33:37 MST 2010

I really think taking a little more time with the job and not trying to Bill Spurlock your way through it will give better results.   As I said, I do one side and often will go do something else for a couple hours.   You can even try a couple keys with medium, medium thick etc. and the final caul.   Come back in a few hours and check it out.   I am getting great results these days.   Don't forget to clean the keypins and micro-fine teflon powder in the finished bushing.   Bill recommends pipe cleaners.   They work well.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044