[pianotech] parts replacement due to vertigris

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Jan 27 06:21:19 MST 2010

Adding to what Wim said, verdigris IS capable of spreading from a
contaminated birdseye to the flange.  Replace the parts and be done.  It is
penny wise but pound foolish to not replace the parts now.  I can guarantee
new parts to be free from vertigris.  I won't guarantee new flanges to
remain free from verdigris using the existing contaminated parts.

FWIW

William R. Monroe